Dharmesh S. Patel
- 2007 Board Certification in Adult Cardiac Echocardiography.
- 2006 Board Certification in Nuclear Cardiology.
- 2005 Certification in Cardiac CT Angiography.
- 2004 Cardiovascular Medicine Board Certification.
- 2001 Internal Medicine Board Certification.
- 1991-1996 Guy's & Kings College Hospital Medical School. University of London.
UK Degree: Medicine MBBS ( London) Degree: MD (passed USMLE Step 1&2&3)
- 1984-1991 Emanuel Secondary School (college), London, United Kingdom Majors in
Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. (3 A grades/ Distinctions) Information
Technology Computing: Pass
- 2004-present Memphis Heart Clinic, Memphis, Tenessee Consultive and Diagnostic
Non Invasive Cardiology.
- 2001-2004 Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, Pennsylvania Cardiology
- 1999-2001 University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, Virginia
Internal Medicine Residency.
- 1998-1999 Medical Center of Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware Internal Medicine
- 1997-1998 The William Harvey Hospital, Kent, United Kingdom Internal Medicine
Residency PGY-2 Equivalent Year
- 1996-1997 The Kent & Sussex Hospital, Kent, United Kingdom General Surgery
Internship including Acute Trauma and Urology.
- 1996-1997 The William Harvey Hospital, Kent, United Kingdom Internal Medicine
Internship : particular interest in Gastroenterology & Rheumatology.
- Nov 1995 Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore Elective Clerkship in Pulmonary
Consult Team with Dr. P. Terry
- 2007 Principal Invesigator IRB Protocol ATI-5293-CLN-504 “An Open-Label
Multi-Center Study of ATI-5293 for Anticoagulation in Patients with Atrial
- December 2004 Canadian Journal of Cardiology. 2004;20(14):1439-1442 Radial
versus femoral access for rescue percutaneous coronary intervention with
adjuvant glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitor use. Saleem Kassam, MD1; Warren J
Cantor, MD1; Dharmesh Patel, MD2; Ian Gilchrist MD2
- January 2004 American Journal of Cardiology. 93(3):333-336, 2004. February 1.
Comparison of the predictive value of exercise-induced ST depression versus
exercise technetium-99m sestamibi single-photon emission computed tomographic
imaging for detection of coronary artery disease in patients with left
ventricular hypertrophy.. D Patel MD, Timir Baman MD, George Beller MA CC
- May 2003 Journal of Catheterization and Cardiovascular Intervention May 2003 Vol
59 (1) 137-138 International comparison of Transradial versus Transfemoral
Approach to Rescue PCI with Adjuvant Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Inhibitor Use.
D.Patel, M Rea ,I.Gilchrist. July 2002 Journal of Nuclear Cardiology
- July-Aug 2002 Vol 9(4) S20. The Predictive Value of Additional Exercise-Induced
ST Depression in patients with Left Ventricular Hypertrophy. Dharmesh Patel MD,
Timir Baman , George Beller MACC.
- Feb. 2006/7 Women and Heart Disease. Increasing awareness about Heart Disease in
Women in the Local community.
- Oct. 2005 Speaker for Women and Heart Disease in the Memphis Region. Sponsered
by the American Heart Association.
- April 2003 Society of Coronary Angiography and Imaging. Boston. Poster
Presentation. International Comparison of Transradial versus Transfemoral
approach to rescue PCI with adjuvant Glycoprotein IIB/IIIA Inhibitor Use.
Dharmesh Patel, MD, I. GilchristMD
- Sept. 2002 American College of Nulcear Cardiology. Baltimore. Poster
Presentation. The Predictive Value of Additional Exercise-Induced ST Depression
in patients with Left Ventricular Hypertrophy. Dharmesh Patel MD, Timir Baman
MD, GeorgeBeller MACC
- April 2001 State ACP-IM meeting , McLean, Virginia. 1st Position: Poster
Presentation The Predictive Value of Additional Exercise-Induced ST Depression
in patients with Left Ventricular Hypertrophy.
- January 2001 Local ACP meeting, Roanoke, Virginia. Winner of Oral Presentation
on "The Predictive Value of Additional Exercise-Induced STDepression in Patients
with Left Ventricular Hypertrophy" at. Research nominated for ACP-IM state
- November 2003 Pfizer Fellowship Award for American Heart Association.
- April 2001 1st Position ACP-IM state poster presentation.
- February 2001 Nominated for "Dean Teaching Award 2001" by medical students and
fellow residents at UVA.
- October 1993 1st Place in Surgical Audit "Laser Treatment in the Palliative Care
of Esophageal Carcinoma." Project involved finding out the optimal time between
courses of laser therapy and producing a brochure for more information about the
- September 1991 Distinction in English Speaking Board. 1st Place in Oral
Examination consisting of project presentation, debate and reading a piece of
- 1990-1991 Lady Dacre Bursary Award School Scholarship for academic excellence.
- 1984-1991 Lieutenant, House Captain, Full Prefect, and awarded Full Colors (for
excellence in Sports) at Emanuel School, United Kingdom.
- 2007-present Chairman of Medicine, Baptist Desoto Hospital, Southaven,
- 2006-present Quality Assurance Physcian of Baptist Desoto Hospital,
- 1999 Community Smoking Cessation Program Instructor at University of Virginia.
- 1999 Community Access To Healthcare Program Volunteer.
- 1999 Gujarati Folk Dance Participant.
- 1996-present Guy's & St.Thomas' Medical Alumni Association. Active member.
- 1991-1996 Chairman and Co-Founder of Guy's and St. Thomas' International
Society. Raised $3000 for the St. Thomas' Hospital Special Care Baby Unit Fund.
- 1994-1996 Guy's Hospital Soccer / Rugby / Cricket Teams
- July 1991 Rugby Captain. Rugby World Tour. Played rugby around the world with
- 1999-present American College of Cardiology
- 2005-present American Heart Association. Speaker for Women and Heart Disease.
- 2004-present Medical Society of Desoto County