Are YOU at Risk?
Hardening of the arteries, otherwise known as atherosclerosis begins
early in life. The hardening leads to heart attacks, strokes, erectile
dysfunction, and poor circulation in the legs and virtually any part of your
body. Once the atherosclerosis is severe, people develop debilitating symptoms
and the toll on quality of life is tremendous, not to mention the fact that
length of lifespan is significantly affected as well.
One third of all heart attacks present with Sudden Death, no
symptoms, just death. That’s about 300,000 people per year who die without
warning. Many people think that having a heart attack, stroke or other
complication of the atherosclerosis is the first sign of the disease when in
fact it means the disease has already won. So many people are walking around
feeling fine believing that there is nothing wrong. If these people could be
evaluated early and undergo preventive measures early, before the disease
advances, then these people would not only live longer but feel better too.
There have been many advances in preventive care that can help this group of
people at risk who have no symptoms. Could you be one of those people?
What is The Stern Cardiovascular Risk Assessment?
It is a comprehensive series of tests that help us determine your risk for heart
attack, stroke, erectile dysfunction, and limb loss due to hardening of the
arteries. This series of tests is NOT covered by insurance because insurance
companies do not cover screening tests. The tests provide us with details of
your vascular organs and crucial blood studies allow us to pre-determine your
risk and intervene immediately if needed. The tests we perform are the most
comprehensive of any screening program in Memphis.
- Abdominal Ultrasound - Abdominal aortic aneurysms form as a result of a weakness
in the lining of the artery wall that may be detected with this ultrasound
(4-hour fast required)
- Carotid Ultrasound - Many strokes are associated with blockages in the neck
arteries that may be detected with an ultrasound
- ABI-Ankle Brachial Index – This marker indicates peripheral vascular
- Blood Pressure Screening
- EKG-Rhythm Strip
- Lipid Profile and
- hs CRP (high sensitive C-reactive protein) - These are blood tests that are
markers indicating coronary risk.
- Global Health Risk Assessment Score
C-Reactive Protein and Lipid Panel blood tests along
with the ABI are the most predictive of future heart attack or stroke and are
not offered by any other screening program in Memphis. These are the tests which
predict risk. Other groups offer screening tests that are not nearly as helpful.
Why is The Stern Cardiovascular Screening Program the Best?
- The results are interpreted by Board Certified cardiologists.
- You will receive a phone call if your results require immediate attention with
the option to be seen by us immediately.
- We will provide thorough follow up if one desires with lifelong maintenance and
- Our program is the best bang for your buck, period.
- We are the only ones who offer the combination of Lipid
assessment, CRP level and ABI which combined are the tests that are the most
predictive of a future heart attack or stroke, the #1 and # 2 killers of all men
Who Should Get Screened?
Anyone older than 21 years of age who has at least one of the following risk
- Family History of heart attack, stroke, coronary artery disease
- Diabetes Mellitus
- High Blood Pressure
- Abnormal Cholesterol Panels
Anyone who has known atherosclerosis and would like a second opinion about how
well your risks and disease are being managed.
Anyone who has no idea what their risks are and has never been evaluated
How do I Sign Up?
Please call 901.271.4087 to schedule your screening assessment.
Cost of Vascular Screening Assessment: $199.00